Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Starting to Settle In



Since we've arrived at home, Evan has been showing us how he likes things to work. My mom was waiting for us on June 8th when we got back to NC and she spent the first week with us while David and I tried to get our feet underneath us. It was great to have mom spending her days with E so we could get the nursery put together and take care of things like unpacking and laundry, etc. Evan loves his mimi and spent close to 7 full days in her arms. I don't think he napped anywhere but on her chest until she left, and then he had to rough it a time or two and nap in the crib.


I was able (with mimi's help) to get to school for out 8th grade graduation ceremony so I could present my Honors English awards. It was great to see everyone, especially my kids. Because of testing and our trip to get Evan, I hadn't seen them in almost three weeks! They were SO EXCITED to see Evan, and they were all so very good about keeping their distance and not touching, etc. Evan also got to meet lots of my teacher friends. It was a big day, and after a quick lunch we headed home and ALL took a nap :)

Since returning home, Evan has spent lots of time snuggling with me during the day and hanging out with Dad at night. He has been to mass four times, attended a diaconate ordination,

traveled to Clinton for the 4th, hung out with Grandma on Fridays, been to Babies R Us and Target a few times, had lunch with the Bethesda girls, had his first snack time at Mad Hatter with Amanda and Karen, went to Duke for a shower that Dad's co-workers gave us, attended a shower the Yeungs had for us at Trali,



had lunch in Hillsborough with Kristie, has had visits from Stacie and Nick,


Amanda,

Carrie, Pam, MST and Kreis,


Bethany,

Anderson, Anderson's Mimi, Ryan, Jenna Beth,

Steven, Danielle,
Susan,

I don't know why this photo is so little, and it is a SHAME because Aunt Susan looks Faboulous!

Bonnie, Karen,

Katie, Blake,

and the Fourmans.

He has also been to the pediatrician twice.
This is our pediatrician, Dr. Moses, and we love him!

Evan also got to share in his mother's love for Cracker Barrel when we had breakfast with Sarah. He thought she was pretty cool.

Evan also met his Godparents, Chris and Shepard Yenney, and their boys Christopher and Frank. It was so great to see them and introduce them to our son! We are so blessed to have the Yenney family in our lives, and we know that they will be the perfect godparents for little E.


Evan is really easy going and I don't think twice about heading out and about during the day. I am very thankful for his disposition, as I have needed to get out of the house. I wouldn't be able to stay sane if I had to stay in the house all day every day.

Evan is six weeks and five days old today. I can't believe that in five weeks (give or take) I will be back at school full time and E will be at daycare. I am dreading having to leave him, but I am thrilled that we were able to find a spot at Master's Garden Preschool in Hillsborough. Our dear friend Amanda takes her little girl Cora to Master's Garden and we felt very comfortable when we went to visit. We spent the day in the infant room and were very pleased with the workers, the ratio of adults to babies and the facility. We are also pleased to know that Evan will spend the day with women who will share Bible stories and surround him with new vocabulary and lots of love. He was a HIT when we visited, everyone thought he was precious. Of course he is!

Evan is sleeping a good deal of the day still, and when I can force myself to lay him down, I am able to get a few things done around the house. The past few nights, he has fallen asleep and slept for 5-6 hours! It is A.MAZ.ING. The night before last he slept from 10-3 and last night he slept from 7:30-1:30ish. Once he is up, I feed him and change him and he is *usually* back to sleep within 15-30 minutes. I am able to get back to sleep easily too, so it isn't too terrible. Once E has slept for that long stretch, he is usually back up every three hours or so until we are up for the day. Today he was up at 6 am and we both took a nap from 7-9 :) He is eating 5-6 ounces at each feeding and I don't know how we will make it to four months before we start feeding rice or oatmeal. This boy is an eater!

We had a dear friend and his wife come over last week to take some photos of E. Matt and Carrie brought dinner too, which was fantastic, and I was thrilled to be able to visit a bit while Carrie worked. We have seen a handful of the pictures so far and we are in LOVE. Evan is such a grinny-pants these days, and Carrie did a wonderful job caching some of his smiles. We can't wait to see the rest of the photos! Carrie agreed to design our adoption announcements for us using some of her photos, so hopefully those will be in the mail soon!





This is the lovely and talented Carrie Richardson Fry. Check out her website. She is SUPER TALENTED!!! http://carrierrichardson.com/

Whew. That was exhausting. I am sure I have left out tons of important people and things. We are so blessed to be able to share this journey with our family and friends. Evan is such a gift and we have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from our families and friends. We can't wait to continue to share Evan with you as he grows!

xoxoxoxo,
Emily, David and little E

ps- I'm working on a separate grandparent post. These people are CRAZY for E. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment